Effective: January 26, 2019.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
FindCannabis.com collects information from and about you and your device that: (i) you actively provide, such as when you register for any account with FindCannabis.com or use the FindCannabis.com Platform, (ii) we collect from the devices you use to access our FindCannabis.com Platform, and (iii) we may acquire from third parties. We collect both your personal information and Non-Personal Information. In this Policy “Personally Information” refers to any information or data that can be used to distinguish identify, or contact a specific individual. Examples include your name, physical address, street address, email address and/or telephone number. “Non-Personal Information” means data in a form that does not on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. Examples include your IP address and browser type. FindCannabis.com does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosures.
1.1. Information you provide
1.1.1 Information that is necessary for use of the FindCannabis.com Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the FindCannabis.com Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance and use of our websites and services and allows us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we would not be able to provide you with the requested services.
- Account information: If you create, register, or signup for any FindCannabis.com account (a “User Account”), we may store and use your full name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, and other information you may provide on your user account, including gender, date of birth, and information regarding your means of age verification (e.g., driver’s license, state issued ID etc.). We may also store information on your order history and preferences with respect to orders and bookings placed from your account. This Personal Information helps us to establish and maintain your user account, verify your identity, remain compliant with state and local laws, and ensure that you are of legal age to receive a delivery or shipment.
- Profile and Host Services Information. To use certain features of the FindCannabis.com Platform (such as booking or listing Host Services), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information: In additional to the identity information provided in Section 1 above, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driver’s license, as permitted by applicable law) or other such authentication information, in order to create and maintain a trusted environment.
- Transaction Information: To use certain Services of the FindCannabis.com Platform (such as booking an experience, making product purchases, or creating a Host Services , we may require you to provide certain financial information (such as bank accounts or credit card information), billing and delivery address information, and contact information (such as your email and phone number) in order to facilitate, process and communicate about your transaction. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes.
- For individuals making purchases through the FindCannabis.com Platform, we may collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for third-party sellers, service providers, and Hosts, to ship the products to you, verify your identity and eligibility to receive products or services, and to communicate with you regarding purchases and any issues that may arise in connection with your purchase or booking.
- For product vendors, Retailers, and Hosts, we may collect information that reasonably necessary for users to communicate with you regarding the purchase and shipment of goods, services, and bookings, and any issues that may arise in connection with those purchases, services and bookings. This Personal Information includes the seller and Host information provided during your registration.
- Communications: When you contact FindCannabis.com directly or use the FindCannabis.com Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.1.2 Information that you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using FindCannabis.com Platform. This additional information will be processed, stored and shared based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional profile information as a part of your User Account (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, personal description, and profile picture). Some of this information as indicated in your User Account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
- Other information. You may otherwise choose to provide us with information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your User Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the FindCannabis.com Platform.
- Demographic Information: FindCannabis.com also collects demographic information when you register, take a survey, and throughout your use of the FindCannabis.com Platform. This information on its own may not be used to specifically identify you, but we may use it to learn more about our users and their habits and preferences. This information may include your age, gender, location, how you heard about FindCannabis.com, and your spending habits.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect From Your Use of The FindCannabis.com Platform.
When you use or access the FindCannabis.com Platform, we automatically collect information, both personal and non- personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the services provided on and by the FindCannabis.com Platform and to improve functionality.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the FindCannabis.com Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through such data as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS. We use location-based services in order to verify your location. For instance, knowing your location may be necessary to allow you full access to our mobile app or certain aspects of the FindCannabis.com Platform. For compliance reasons, come of the content or services may be restricted depending on the state or jurisdiction in which you are located. Location information may also be used to connect you with a licensed retailer that services your delivery area. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s setting menu.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the FindCannabis.com Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Host Services, bookings you have made, and other actions on the FindCannabis.com Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the FindCannabis.com Platform, even if you have not created a User Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the FindCannabis.com Platform, links clicked to third party applications, IP addresses, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you viewed or engaged with before or after using the FindCannabis.com Platform.
1.3 Information Collected from Third Parties
FindCannabis.com may collect and store information about you, including Personal Information, from third parties claiming a right to share your information with us, including third party advertising arrangements. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed at such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your FindCannabis.com User Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, Instagram, Microsoft etc.), the third party service may send us information such as your registration profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service. We also receive information from Google Analytics, the information received from these third parties is consistent with those companies’ privacy policies.
- Your references and reviews. If someone has written or posted a reference or review for you, your service, your Host Services or your product, it will be published on your FindCannabis.com public profile page with your consent.
- Public Sources. FindCannabis.com may collect information that is publicly available. For example, information that you submit to a public forum (e.g., a blog, chatroom, or social network) may be read, collected or used by us and others. You at your sole discretions and responsibility are responsible for the information you choose to submit in any such forum.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud protection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We receive information about you and your activities on and off the FindCannabis.com Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use, store, and process information, including personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve and develop the FindCannabis.com Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment, and (3) provide, personalize, measure and improve our advertising and marketing.
2.1 Provide, Improve and Develop the FindCannabis.com Platform
- Enable you to access and use the FindCannabis.com Platform
- Enable you to communicate with other Members, Retailers and Hosts.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the FindCannabis.com Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service and support.
- To fulfill your purchases (to process payments in connection with your product orders)
- To fulfill your requests (to provide information to your or allow your order)
- Send you service support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide use with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references or reviews, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at time of collection.
- To send you important information regarding our platform, such as changes to our terms, conditions policies, and/or other administrative information.
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the FindCannabis.com Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Host Services suggestions or ranking search results), we conduct profiling based on your interaction with the FindCannabis.com Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the com Platform.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safe Environment
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- Resolve any disputes and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the FindCannabis.com Platform, and information obtained from third parties.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
We may use the personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about FindCannabis.com or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google),
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by FindCannabis.com or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the FindCannabis.com Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- verify your geographic location data in order to personalise and improve our platform content, to recommend content, or determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any FindCannabis.com User Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you, but third-party data rates may apply. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have an User Account, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your FindCannabis.com Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by FindCannabis.com partners or third parties.
3.2 General Sharing and Disclosure of your information
We and our third-party service providers may disclose Personal Information:
- to our third party service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, targeted advertising and marketing, and other similar services.
- to third parties as needed to detect, prevent, or otherwise address actual or suspected fraud, harassment, security or technical issues, violations of any law, rule, regulation or the policies of the Website and FindCannabis.com Platform, and to verify your purchase to holder(s) of any credit card(s) or other payment account(s) used to place order(s) and process booking(s) using your account or your information.
- as required to fulfill your order or booking (e.g., to product retailers of Host partners to enable them to fulfill your order)..
- to identify you to any person with whom you interact through the FindCannabis.com Platform.
- to third party partners in connection with integration, co-marketing and certain other coordinated efforts.
- to an affiliate or other third party in connection with a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy and/or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for recordkeeping purposes.
We may also share Personal Information which has been aggregated or de-identified in a manner such that the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of the Sites
3.3 Sharing between Members; Host(s) and Retailers
To help facilitate bookings, orders or other interactions and requests between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Host (and Co-Host, if applicable), including your full name, the full name of any additional Guests, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number.
- When you as a Host (or Co-Host, if applicable) have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest to coordinate the booking, such as your full name, phone number, and Accommodation or Experience address.
- When you as a Host invite another Member to become a Co-Host, you authorize the Co-Host to access your information and Member Content, including but not limited to certain information like your full name, hone number, Accommodation address, and email address.
- When you as a Guest invite additional Guests to a booking, your full name, travel dates, Host name, Host Services details, the Accommodation address, and other related information will be shared with each additional Guest.
- In order to facilitate product purchase orders whether or pick-up or delivery we share basic information with our Members – licensed retailers and their drivers (where applicable), when you send an order to the retailer through FindCannabis.com, the retailer receives your first name, delivery address (if applicable), order details, birthdate, a picture of your fact taken from your government issued ID (for delivery only). The retailer then uses this information to connect you with the driver who fulfills your order and sees that information. Full ID’s will not be shared with drivers, where applicable, when the driver arrives with your order, only then are they shown your face, birthdate, and first name. The driver will then check your ID in person to verify your identity.
- To facilitate shipping of orders or non-marijuana products FindCannabis.com uses a third-party logistic provider. When you order from the FindCannabis.com Platform, the third party logistic provider receives your name, shipping address, and order details so that they can send your order to the right place.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
3.4. Profiles, Host Services s, and other Public Information
The FindCannabis.com Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Host Services pages are publicly visible and include information such as the Accommodation or Experience’s approximate location (neighborhood and city) or precise location (where you have provided your consent), Host Services description, calendar availability, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information you choose to share.
- After completing a booking, Guests and Hosts may write Reviews and rate each other. Reviews and Ratings are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the FindCannabis.com Platform (such as the Host Services page).
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the FindCannabis.com Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the FindCannabis.com Platform we may display parts of the FindCannabis.com Platform (e.g., your Host Services page) on sites operated by FindCannabis.com’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Host Services are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the FindCannabis.com Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
3.5 Additional Services By Hosts.
Hosts may need to use third party services available to assist with managing their Accommodation or providing additional services requested by you, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features available through the Website to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out dates, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third party service providers for the purposes of coordinating the stay, managing the Accommodation, or providing other services.
3.7 Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions.
We may sometimes offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Websites or Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
- Please Note: If you agree to accept a Promotion from our third-party service providers or any third-party merchant, then you will receive e-mails separately from them and all information that you choose to disclose to them will be subject to their individual and separate privacy policies. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive their e-mails, then you will need to follow their own specific opt-out instructions. Following our directions for opting out of e-mail notifications and disclosure of personal information will not opt you out of third-party disclosures and related promotional communications.
3.8 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person’s vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the FindCannabis.com Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon FindCannabis.com’s property, its Members and the FindCannabis.com Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
3.9 Third Party Service Providers
We may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the features and options that are available through the Websites, Services, or FindCannabis.com Platform. We may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the FindCannabis.com Platform, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Websites or Services, promotional and contest features, products, Host Services and brand management, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliates, partners, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Websites or Services. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party
3.10 Government Registration or Licensure
In jurisdictions where FindCannabis.com requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application of a Host or Retailer with a local or state governmental authority in accordance with local law, we may share information of participating Hosts or Retailers with the relevant authority, both during the application process and, if applicable, periodically thereafter, such as the Host’s or Retailer’s full name, entity name and contact details, physical address, tax identification number, Host Services details, and other information relevant to such registration, permit or license.
3.11 Business Transfers
3.12 Aggregated Data
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
3.13 Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising. Please look into this section if you are going to participate in direct advertising, you can always cut this out or shorten it where necessary.
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your online browsing history and your interests. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about your use of our Sites over time so that they may play or display ads on our Sites, on other websites, apps, or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) or hashed data with our third party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) online resources, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) resources, available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that some advertising opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers, or delete the opt-out cookies, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
You may also be able to limit certain interest-based mobile advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt out of interest-based ads” (Android).
Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Sites. You may control your advertising preferences or opt out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
4. Your Choices: Changes to Your Profile and Preferences
4.1 Managing or Changing Your Information
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the personal information you provide to us. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information that was provided as part of your registration with the FindCannabis.com Platform. The Website may allow you to review, correct, or update personal information you have provided through the Websites or Services’ forms or otherwise. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. Also, any public postings or other communications you have made on or through the FindCannabis.com Platform, such as in forums or blogs cannot generally be removed. When you edit your personal information or change your preferences on the FindCannabis.com Platform, information that you remove may persist internally for our own administrative purposes.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your FindCannabis.com account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your FindCannabis.com Account).
4.2 Email Subscriptions
You may cancel or modify the e-mail marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional e-mails or in some cases by logging into your User Account and changing your communication preferences. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions, and if your opt-out preferences are limited to certain types of e-mails, the opt-out will be so limited. Subsequent or different subscriptions will remain unaffected. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your User Account or use of our Websites or Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and these transactional User Account messages may be unaffected even if you choose to opt out from receiving our marketing communications.
Payment Servicers: For those users utilizing the online ordering feature, you can review, change, or delete the information you have submitted. You may ask to have information on your User Account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past purchases, you cannot delete information associated with past purchases. Also, as a security measure, we “back up” the data stored on our systems, ensuring that such prior information cannot be completely removed from our databases. As a result, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our backed-up or archived databases.
4.3 Location Information
You can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device settings. Please note that the use of location information may be necessary to access some of our services, such as certain products and accommodations or experiences that may only allow access to those in states that have legalized the sale of recreational cannabis.
4.4 Data Retention and User Account Termination
5. Age Restrictions and the Use of the FindCannabis.com Platform
FindCannabis.com is intended for access and use by individuals who are of legal age for the services offered based on the applicable regulations of their state or other government entities. The FindCannabis.com Platform is intended for adults only and require that users be no less than twenty-one (21) years of age to access and use FindCannabis.com. Please check the applicable terms and conditions for further information. Individuals under the age of twenty-one (21) are prohibited from creating a User Account and profile, accessing the FindCannabis.com Platform, and/or purchasing products on the transactable sites. If you become aware that an underage user has created a User Account using false, stolen, or otherwise misleading information, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
We and our third party service providers use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below
If you choose to access the Website, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the availability of the website, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Sites and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries, which may provide a different level of data security than your country of residence provides.
8. International Data Transfer
Please note that we take the privacy of our users seriously and therefore take steps to safeguard your personal information, including assuring an adequate level of data protection in accordance with international standards. If you would like additional information about your personal data and its use in connection with the FindCannabis.com Platform, including revising any incorrect information, please contact the Data Privacy Manager at the address in [email protected] We will take such steps as we deem necessary to confirm your identity before sharing any personal data with you. We will attempt to respond to proper and confirmed requests relating to personal data within thirty (30) days, or as otherwise required by applicable law. If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, you may refer your request to your country’s data management authority. In the European Union, any such request should be directed to the Data Protection Authority in your EU Member State.
9. Notice to EU Resident
This Policy is intended to provide adequate and consistent safeguards for the handling of personal information in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“the Directive”) and all the relevant transposing legislation of the Directive in the European Union/European Economic Area, the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act, as such laws may from time to time be amended and valid during the application of this Policy, the Privacy Shield, and any other privacy laws, regulations and principles concerning the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of personal data transferred from the European Economic Area or Switzerland to the United States including but not limited to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“the General Data Protection Regulation”) as of its entry into force on 25 May 2018.
19.1 EU Rights to Information
According to the laws of the European Union (except for limited exceptions, where applicable), anyone in those countries has the right to:
- Be informed about their data and its processing
- Have access to their data
- Correct any errors in their data
- Erase data from our records
- Restrict processing and use of data
- Data portability
- Object to the use of their data, including for the purpose of automated profiling and direct marketing
- Make decisions about automated decision making and profiling
10. California Privacy Rights.
If you are a user of the Sites and a California resident, California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code §1798.83) permits you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you and you would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address provided below.
11. Changes to this Policy
12. Contact Information
Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, please do not include credit card information and/or other sensitive Personal Information in your email correspondence with us.